ECCO USA, INC.
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: Tysons Corner, McLean, VA
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Date Posted: July 17, 2014
Overall Objectives:The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for various tasks involved in the overall operations of the store including sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, human resource management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive sales and assist in managing the overall team selling effort in the store to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Effectively manage and develop staff in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel and provide coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Assist in directing and managing the total operations of the store. This includes stock control and management, shipping and receiving, product replenishment and management, store cleanliness, store maintenance and upkeep, store supplies upkeep and management and ensure store physical inventory shortage results are at or below company standards.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures through regular store management, staff meetings, and audits. Ensure all employee paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in instructing and motivating performance to maximize each employee’s potential. Help to set goals and follow-up on employee performance by providing plans and timely feedback, address employee performance issues in a timely manner with appropriate documentation and performance appraisals, and set a positive example through modeling of effective selling skills and techniques on the sales floor.
- Help to source and identify exceptional candidates for ECCO for both current and future staffing needs. Administer Orientation Program for all new employees on their first day of employment. Help to create bench strength in store by identifying and developing employees for promotion into positions of greater responsibility.
- Assist in maintaining an orderly system for planning, coordinating, and completion of tasks, which results in the achievement of goals and creates a positive atmosphere to drive volume.
- Assist in ensuring all applicable information is communicated to fellow management and employees.
- Help to maintain the visual merchandising strategies for the store to create a store environment that provides our customer with a positive shopping experience. These strategies are accomplished through maintaining standards of visual presentation, implementing plan-o-grams communicating store inventory concerns through appropriate channels, maintaining basic store standards of presentation with all sizes and styles represented on the selling floor, and maintaining proper housekeeping standards on selling floor and stockroom.
- Ensure all store employees provide a high level of customer service at all times. Exercise good judgment in resolving customer service issues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience as a Keyholder in a retail environment.
- Valid driver’s license and 100 % access to secure, reliable transportation and ability to make trips to the bank without any non-ECCO employees in the vehicle. Exception: not required for stores with a mall bank drop available.
- Ability to effectively communicate the features and benefits of our brand and products to customers.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
ECCO USA, Inc.
Attn: HR Department
16 Delta Drive
Londonderry, NH 03053
No phone calls or agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer