ECCO USA, INC.
Job Title: Field Sales – AZ, CO, NM
Location:Arizona or Colorado
Date Posted:July 30, 2015
Overall Objectives:Maximize sales, achieve growth, and provide quality service to ECCO customers while maintaining core company values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting clinics and sponsoring ECCO Days in order to provide product knowledge to front line sales associates in the stores.
- Make at least 12 significant face-to-face account visits per week (Full day ECCO events count as 2 visits).
- Maximize sales within wholesale partners through training and merchandising efforts that will achieve monthly targets while keeping controllable expenses at a minimum and in-line with assigned budget.
- Plan and coordinate a comprehensive program of promotional activities with Field Service Manager for the individual stores and national and chain accounts in priority.
- Responsible for responding to sales associates’ requests, concerns, suggestions and complaints and choosing the proper course of action.
- Report to Field Sales Manager on in-store activities on a regular basis.
- Must be knowledgeable on all account statistics such as quantity on hand, open orders, product turn, margins and past sell thrus and adjust sales plan accordingly to ensure the account is receiving the best support possible. Acquire and use all retail selling information available from retailers in an effort to fully know their business. Must know retailer expectations in order to minimize any ECCO exposure to markdown or return requests.
- Know all product features and benefits, prices and categories of ECCO styles.
- Know which styles go forward and which styles are seasonal to support account assortment needs.
- Must master and conduct ECCO sales clinics and utilize it to train accounts for maximum sales.
- Extensive travel required to perform fill-in sales, merchandising and training efforts.
- Ensure all retail displays are presented in a quality manner, in “A” position on the retail floor. Ensure ECCO Shop-in-Shop materials are used and expanded as accounts grow. Ensure that current materials are used in all accounts.
- Must have strong ECCO presence in store windows.
- Ensure all interior and window displays are clean, fresh, properly priced, and signed with current ECCO POP materials.
- Responsible to ensure proper display of shoes, in good quality, according to current marketing strategy, bar laced, labeled, and in proper size sequence.
- Ensure accounts keep ECCO stock in back rooms in order, in saleable condition, and restock as needed to meet model stock and ensure no missed sales.
- Responsible for keeping promotional expenses within assigned promotional budget.
- Acknowledge weekend and vacation schedule as assigned.
- Pre-plan all account visits (Store Visit Work Sheet), set appointments with purpose “pre-sold.”
- Complete weekly report for Field Service Manager listing significant accomplishments for each visit from previous week, as well as a solid plan of action for each visit in upcoming week.
- Create goodwill and develop professional relationships with sales associates, buyers and owners to understand their business and develop methods to increase full price sales.
- Act as an ECCO Brand Ambassador at all times.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of retail sales experience.
- Shoe industry experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to resolve questions and problems with his/her supervisor, but also manage own work flow and meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Must have the ability to present ideas, facts and technical information and respond to questions from sales associates and customers.
- Must possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet travel and attendance standards and work long hours when necessary.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
ECCO USA, Inc.
Attn: HR Department
16 Delta Drive
Londonderry, NH 03053
No phone calls or agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer