ECCO USA, INC.
Job Title: Store Manager
Location: Grant Street - San Francisco, CA
Employee Classification: Exempt, Full-time
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of the store and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory and human resource management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive sales and manage the overall team selling effort in the store to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Effectively manage and develop staff in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel and provide coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Direct and manage the total operations of the store. This includes stock control and management, shipping and receiving, product replenishment and management, store cleanliness, store maintenance and upkeep, store supplies upkeep and management and ensuring that store physical inventory shortage results are at or below company standards.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures through regular store management, staff meetings, and audits. Ensure all employee paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct and motivate performance to maximize each employee’s potential. Set goals and follow-up on employee performance by providing plans and timely feedback, address employee performance issues in a timely manner with appropriate documentation and performance appraisals, and set a positive example through modeling of effective selling skills and techniques on the sales floor.
- Source and identify exceptional candidates for ECCO for both current and future staffing needs. Administer Orientation Program for all new employees on their first day of employment. Create bench strength in store by identifying and developing employees for promotion into positions of greater responsibility.
- Write store staffing schedules within budgetary constraints and at least two weeks in advance, then post approved schedules in a timely fashion. Ensure payroll percent-to-sales for the store are at or below budgeted goal.
- Maintain an orderly system for planning, coordinating, and completion of tasks, which results in the achievement of goals and creates a positive atmosphere to drive volume.
- Ensure all applicable information is communicated to fellow management and employees.
- Maintain the visual merchandising strategies for the store to create a store environment that provides our customers with a positive shopping experience. These strategies are accomplished through maintaining standards of visual presentation, implementing plan-o-grams communicating store inventory concerns through appropriate channels, maintaining basic store standards of presentation with all sizes and styles represented on the selling floor, and maintaining proper housekeeping standards on selling floor and stockroom.
- Ensure all store employees provide a high level of customer service at all times. Exercise good judgment in resolving customer service issues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Retail Management preferred.
- 3-5 years retail management experience, footwear industry experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and 100 % access to secure, reliable transportation and ability to make trips to the bank and run errands without any non-ECCO employees in the vehicle.
- Basic math skills as it relates to retail sales (margins, conversions, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate the features and benefits of our brand and products to customers.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.