ECCO USA, INC.
Job Title: Talent Specialist
Department: Human Resources
The Talent Specialist will be a key contributor to the company’s people strategy, ensuring that employees are performing and being developed in ways that support the organization’s mission and are reflective of ECCO’s core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key contributor to the People Strategy team and efforts, assisting with the creation and/or enhancement of talent management strategies and programs. Includes responsibility for implementation of local talent management programs, including identification and development of critical talent, career path programs, etc.
- Primary lead for implementation of global talent management programs on a local level.
- Coordination of the recruitment process for retail store management staffing needs (job postings, interviews, etc.). Must ensure the recruitment process and candidates selected for hire are reflective of the company’s focus on quality and customer mindset.
- Management of retail store employee relations situations, including reviewing/approving documentation for performance/discipline issues, conducting investigations when necessary, and making recommendations for performance plans, discipline, termination, etc. as appropriate and in line with company values and legal guidelines.
- Coordination of company training programs, including compliance training, management training, general skills training, etc. May also include the responsibility for “Train the Trainer”.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of annual performance review processes.
- Implementation and ongoing coordination of succession planning strategies and programs.
- Coordination of global trainee programs, including recruitment/selection processes, program development, logistics management, etc.
- Provide input to the annual department strategy and budget processes for specific areas of responsibility.
- Systems maintenance and administrative duties to support specific areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Leadership or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources, including direct experience and proven track record in recruiting, managing employee relations issues, and coordinating/implementing training, talent management, and performance management programs.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Multi-location and multi-state retail experience preferred, footwear/apparel industry is a plus..
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to make intelligent and independent decisions as needed.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- Solid understanding of employment law (federal level a must, state level preferred).
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and follow-up skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level (bilingual in Spanish a plus).
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.